Find results in...
Bxbugs123

The future of HighSpeed-Gaming

The future of HighSpeed-Gaming  

57 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. As per the following below.

• Keep things as is.
    • Whats stated below (Bring Romaine back)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/26/2019 at 04:56 AM

We are going to be reviewing and considering what the communities' opinion would be on bringing Romaine back as a Director in HighSpeed-Gaming.

Me (Bugs) and Sithis, do not have the time or motivation to direct HighSpeed-Gaming as Directors, we have been considering the return of former Director Romaine Brooks and allowing him to come back and assist with the operations of the community. Caine, Sithis, and I would cover the majority of server development, however, Bugs and I would still assist as Director's, if needed.

There is a lot that goes into running HighSpeed-Gaming that I or Sithis fulfill with our schedules. Also, ourselves we're not able to really organize or assemble in a fashion that works without someone being away or having to go away in a time period that makes conversations very brief and unable to get the entire depth of full discussion done, this also makes organizing and assembling the community as a whole and ensuring everything that on a daily needs to tick is done.

So with that said we want to hear your opinion of what you think we should, continue as is or bring Romaine back be honest but friendly.

This poll is open to all registered users.

This poll will be open for 48 hours.

damn i almost didn't see the voting thing up there

Edited by Mathias

I honestly think we should give someone else a go, let Romaine work for his position back he should EARN it like the rest of us, it should be fair to everyone regardless of who they are, people who leave HSG completely and then come back and receive their positions back as if they had never left the way they did it looks a lot like favoritism, and as our directors have stated, we are against favoritism

Edited by David P.

16 minutes ago, David P. said:

I honestly think we should give someone else a go, let Romaine work for his position back he should EARN it like the rest of us, it should be fair to everyone regardless of who they are, people who leave HSG completely and then come back and receive their positions back as if they had never left the way they did it looks a lot like favoritism, and as our directors have stated, we are against favoritism

Give me some recommendations? Romanie will be working for a lot of the privileges back. He will be assisting with directing as stated above. We are working against favoritism but at this time he is the best fit to direct this community.

To Bugs point, This is not the matter of favoritism. It's about the Direction of the Community's and it's Future. And there is no other person that would be able to run it as Romaine did for this Community. Him being the previous Co-Owner and Director gives Romaine a fierce advantage. Again, this is not about if you or I like Romaine this is about the Community as a whole and not individually. Agreeable, the past is something to review but for the better is something we have to decide as one.

If this is the Choice the best Operational and Administrative choice is Romaine Brooks.

35 minutes ago, J. Granger said:

To Bugs point, This is not the matter of favoritism. It's about the Direction of the Community's and it's Future. And there is no other person that would be able to run it as Romaine did for this Community. Him being the previous Co-Owner and Director gives Romaine a fierce advantage. Again, this is not about if you or I like Romaine this is about the Community as a whole and not individually. Agreeable, the past is something to review but for the better is something we have to decide as one.

If this is the Choice the best Operational and Administrative choice is Romaine Brooks.

Facts we simply cannot trust anyone else and Romaine is the only person that knows how to lead HSG hell he had been since 2016 when "HSG" first became a thing.

I believe that things will shape nicely having him back just a matter of patience. Things where good shit hit the fan and the faithful are here still. MAKE HSG GREAT AGAIN

9 hours ago, Bxbugs123 said:

Give me some recommendations? Romanie will be working for a lot of the privileges back. He will be assisting with directing as stated above. We are working against favoritism but at this time he is the best fit to direct this community.

why not one of your existing admins, like the A3's, move some up and give them a chance to prove they are fit for positions, if it was me I would hold a probationary period of a month or so and see what the A3's are capable of and if they are fit for those positions, let romaine work his way from GS, let him truly prove that he is willing to do good and if he is back and is dedicated he will shoot up through the SMRE ranks

1 hour ago, David P. said:

why not one of your existing admins, like the A3's, move some up and give them a chance to prove they are fit for positions, if it was me I would hold a probationary period of a month or so and see what the A3's are capable of and if they are fit for those positions, let romaine work his way from GS, let him truly prove that he is willing to do good and if he is back and is dedicated he will shoot up through the SMRE ranks

He did not leave. He was forced out. 

Edited by Homer Hill

4 hours ago, David P. said:

No that's not how that works like I said he is the only person that knows how to lead/run HSG.

Romaine should be allowed to get his former position back so long as he wants it. This community was fantastic under his guidance and leadership, and I for one know that many of us will return provided that he is given his role back. I hope that things can, one day, return to the way it was pre-November of last year, when the server was booming and really doing better than ever.

Edited by Crazy

10 hours ago, David P. said:

Being a Director comes with a lot of responsibility in which some admins may not be able to handle. Bugs and Romaine built this community off of friendship and wasn't expecting to create a community this big. Romaine getting his previous position back would be beneficial to the community as well. Furthermore, members just don't know what Romaine has accomplished for Highspeed-Gaming in the years of his service. I would also like for you to list a couple of admins that you think will be fit for the Director position.  Also, when it comes to friendship, you're going to have some sort of favoritism.....especially between Bugs and Romaine, nothing will stop that bond.

I see some people come out the woods who don't come around anymore.. 👀

I think Brooks has a unique perspective & is a great RPer/ leader. Under his leadership there were major mistakes made, but you do not judge a leader based on their mistakes but their on reaction & response to those mistakes. I think he proved himself as someone who was willing to learn from those mistakes and make things right. My hope would be if he comes back that we as a community could build off of the improvements that we have made lately & not to revert to the previous favoritism & toxicity that once existed here at HSG. I hope some cockroaches don't come crawling back with him. That would be a damn shame, shame, shame. 

+.gif

Just now, Luke Adams said:

I see some people come out the woods who don't come around anymore.. 👀

I think Brooks has a unique perspective & is a great RPer/ leader. Under his leadership there were major mistakes made, but you do not judge a leader based on their mistakes but their on reaction & response to those mistakes. I think he proved himself as someone who was willing to learn from those mistakes and make things right. My hope would be if he comes back that we as a community could build off of the improvements that we have made lately & not to revert to the previous favoritism & toxicity that once existed here at HSG. I hope some cockroaches don't come crawling back with him. That would be a damn shame, shame, shame. 

I+.gif

I completely agree! I couldn't have said it better myself. I feel... No, I know, Romaine could come back and get things going in the right direction again but as you said, I sure hope some cockroaches do not come crawling back.