Warning/Disclaimer: Make sure you DO NOT use this when playing GTA Online.

It will get you banned for modified game files, so fair warning. I'm not responsible for any bans that may occur.

Do at your own risk. I don't play GTA Online, only FiveM so this does not affect me. 

This is a client-side mod, others will not hear the same thing you do, they will hear their own sounds, whether it be factory or modified.
I would advise you make a backup of your entire GTA V directory just in-case you need to revert and grab any files you might of modified. I've personally tested this method on HSG and it works. 

So for those that wanted to change the siren to the touchmaster delta or whatever else:

Download these files & Extract to a folder somewhere:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B65LId6rh6PlTVFwUzYwQUZ5Ync

Download your siren of choice (extract if its a zip) 
Download openiv & install it 

THEN

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\x64\audio\sfx
(Or whatever directory you have GTA V installed in)
In there you will see the file "RESIDENT.rpf"
Make a copy of it and put it in a safe place somewhere. 
DO NOT CLOSE the window/folder

Open "Openiv" 
Select GTA 5 Windows
Navigate to X64 -> audio -> sfx -> resident.rpf 
Click File -> edit mode 
Leave the window open
THEN
Go to the folder where you extracted your downloaded siren. In there, you should see a file named:  "vehicles.oac" 
Align your windows in such a way that you can see the OpenIV program and the folder
Drag and drop the "vehicles.oac" file into "OpenIV" in the space that has the .awc files listed (such as: vehicles.awc) / by default i believe its listed on the right side  
THEN
Open the ArchiveFix folder you extracted earlier. In there you will see ArchiveFix.exe (leave the folder open)
Go back to your GTA V sfx directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\x64\audio\sfx) 
Select RESIDENT.rpf and drag it onto ArchiveFix.exe 
It should pop up a command prompt window give you a message about being done. 
Launch FiveM and enjoy
Close everything and you are done. 

This SHOULD work. This is a shorter version of this: https://forum.fivem.net/t/recent-update-some-information/2409
If it doesnt work for you, post up and maybe we can find a solution.

There is a way to do it as-well with individual audio files but its a little more involved. 

Edited by Coderedpl

Attempting to use mods/file modifications on Grand Theft Auto: Online will cause bans, just a heads up.

Edited by M. Weston

On 2/5/2018 at 8:04 AM, M. Weston said:

Attempting to use mods/file modifications on Grand Theft Auto: Online will cause bans, just a heads up.

Edited main post to make it easier to notice this point.