Our FiveM server is online and work is in progress.

The website is under-going maintenance.

Welcome to HighSpeed Gaming

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M. Weston

A Bounty Hunter job?

A lot of people like the idea of doing Bounty Hunter but in game there is really no "good" way of doing it and it ends up being powergaming a lot, what im suggesting is a new job that would allow them access to some sort of MDT to view if there is anyone with an active warrant in the server, then without metagaming find their location in some unique way, like we were doing with a sting operation at Ace Liquor and the Yellow Jack, and be awarded some kind of compensation for turning them into the police.

Just a unique idea I think would be cool within RP but I could totally understand reasons why it shouldn't be added if anyone would like to contribute!

1 hour ago, M. Weston said:

A lot of people like the idea of doing Bounty Hunter but in game there is really no "good" way of doing it and it ends up being powergaming a lot, what im suggesting is a new job that would allow them access to some sort of MDT to view if there is anyone with an active warrant in the server, then without metagaming find their location in some unique way, like we were doing with a sting operation at Ace Liquor and the Yellow Jack, and be awarded some kind of compensation for turning them into the police.

Just a unique idea I think would be cool within RP but I could totally understand reasons why it shouldn't be added if anyone would like to contribute!

From my knowledge, a bounty hunter DOES NOT go around looking for people with, to be broad, "Warrants."

When I do my Bounty Hunter RP, I go to different civilians throughout the server for various different reasons. One reason may be simply to check up on them because they havnt checked in to the Bail Bonds company that week. Another reason may be that their bond is being revoked, or to investigate a complaint from their Co-Signer, and possibly revoke the bond there. Lastly, I may arrest them for having a "Warrant," which would be for failure to appear, as to my knowledge, that is the only warrant a BH can arrest a person for, being its all apart of the bond contract, etc. 

No, their arrest wouldn't add a charge to their record nor would they actually be jailed. Being the entire RP is "Forced" upon them (Which practically all of the 15 or so people I did it to didn't mind, except for 2, of which i apologized to), i feel it is not right to add a charge to their record. Sometimes I even send a PM to the person prior, asking "Is it okay if we do a 15 minute RP?" Or something along the lines of that.

Then for vehicles, I personally use the slicktop M3 impala with a red light in front and an amber light in back (Might be against server rules, however I am an M3 with about 620 hours with no prior kicks or bans. I havn't abused the vehicle nor do I plan on it, and for those reasons, I see no issue with it. Plus, multiple admins saw me operating it and havn't said a word to me regarding it.) However, for a Non-M3, or for anyone that is told not to use a 100% realistic vehicle for the situation (Such as the slicktop impala I use....), then I see no problem with running the CVPIVOL with either the lightbar or interior lighting (Being you are self-employed, there really isnt regulations on whether or not you can roll slicktop or not, compared to being a SAST with vehicle protocols, etc.)

Having a Bounty Hunting job would most likely require a civilian to log any information a bounty hunter would need, such as description, DOB, Age, Height, Address, Any Owned Vehicles, etc. Although I like bounty hunting and the idea of it, I feel it would require a certain set of civs to properly RP it out.

Yeah I can see that, I was mostly coming from watching Dog the Bounty Hunter where I believe they did hunt those who failed to appear/fled etc it was a great show, but I can totally see where you're coming from and it makes sense, I just think that a job in the server that could even be restricted to a specific rank (M1+) just to prevent abuse would be extraordinary. ;)

10 minutes ago, M. Weston said:

Yeah I can see that, I was mostly coming from watching Dog the Bounty Hunter where I believe they did hunt those who failed to appear/fled etc it was a great show, but I can totally see where you're coming from and it makes sense, I just think that a job in the server that could even be restricted to a specific rank (M1+) just to prevent abuse would be extraordinary. ;)

I absolutely agree with having jobs that couldnt be abused. Perhaps set up a fruit-stand or 24/7 job, where you make a base salary ($15/hr) but you make commissions on how much fruit/food you sell. This would prevent people from going AFK because no one would want to make 15 a paycheck AFK'ing, and would promote them to actually use /ad and advertise how good their store is.

Another idea would be neighborhood crime watch (Would be best for days where there are only 3 or 4 cops on at a time.) Again, have a very minimal to no base pay, but perhaps make a commission from the state for every criminal you report to the police.

This idea may be best for when (or if) we get persistence, but it would be maybe a hotel desk clerk/managerial position at a hotel. Low base pay, high commission for every room you rent to a customer. 

Maybe a gas station attendant. Would make decent pay being they would be out in all weather conditions, and this would stop you from having to leave your car, and would also give another active job to someone.

Or, to just prevent abuse, have a timer that would remove someone from a job after they dont do squat for a few minutes. This way, they dont just rack up paycheck after paycheck.

I mean at this point in time money is basically useless when I refer to abuse I mean the functionality of the job like people going security to steal police vehicles and such 

I'm not really that much for the idea of adding a bounty hunter job, technically I'm mostly not at all for the bounty hunter stuff, as most people don't even know how to do it.

Also the problem is, to do some bounty hunter stuff, like you said, you mostly need to ask the person if he/she wants to RP it. Otherwise, 99% of the time, you won't be able to find a wanted person, as that person may have changed his/her vehicle and skin.

Also it wasn't allowed for bounty hunters to use emergency vehicles on the server. Haven't seen you in that M3 impala yet, and the other admins who saw you may haven't been informed that they can't use emergency vehicles. Also red is for emergency only, it would need to be orange only.