Raymond

More In-Depth police Tutorial

If you are reading this topic, then you have probably been playing on HighSpeed Gaming as law enforcement officer, or have the intentions to do so. Therefore, welcome to The guide which will assist you with your duty responsibilities.

Table of contents

Chapter I - First day of duty

• Chapter I - Section I - Use and meaning of necessary commands

• Chapter I - Section II - Use of Duty Issued equipment

• Chapter I - Section III - Agency prescribed uniforms

• Chapter I - Section IV - Agency prescribed vehicles

• Chapter I - Section V - Response to calls

• Chapter I - Section VI - Handcuffing and Restraints

• Chapter I - Section VI - Sub-Section I - Use of spit masks

• Chapter I - Section VI - Sub-Section II - Use of leg restraint devices

• Chapter I - Section VI - Sub-Section III - Use of auxiliary restraint devices

• Chapter I - Section VII - Use of Taser

• Chapter I - Section VII - Sub-Section I - Verbal Warnings

Chapter II - Traffic stops,laws and safety

• Chapter II - Section I - Regular traffic stop

• Chapter II - Section II - Felony Traffic stop

• Chapter II - Section III - Driving under influence

• Chapter II - Section III - Sub-Section I - Breathalyzer and Field sobriety testing

• Chapter II - Section IV - Traffic control and road accidents

• Chapter II - Section V - Pursuits

• Chapter II - Section V - Sub-Section I - When and how to initiate pursuit

• Chapter II - Section V - Sub-Section II - Responsibilities and numbers of units involved

• Chapter II - Section V - Sub-Section III - Driving Tactics And regulations

• Chapter II - Section V - Sub-Section IV - Radio Communications

• Chapter II - Section VI - common offences and the consequent penalties

Chapter III - Radio procedures

• Chapter III - Section I - Appropriate use of radio

• Chapter III - Section I - Sub-section I - Phonetic Alphabet

• Chapter III - Section II - Radio codes

Chapter IV - First aid

• Chapter IV - Section I - First aid kit

• Chapter IV - Section II - Position of wounded (coming soon)

• Chapter IV - Section III - General Assessment for immediate action (ABC) (coming soon)

• Chapter IV - Section IV - Calling for assistance (coming soon)

• Chapter IV - Section V - Medical emergencies (Basics) (coming soon)

• Chapter IV - Section VI - Basic Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (coming soon)

Chapter V - Criminal Procedure

• Chapter V - Section I - Arrest

• Chapter V - Section I - Sub-Section I - Arrest with a warrant

• Chapter V - Section I - Sub-Section II - Arrest without a warrant

• Chapter V - Section II - Procedures following an Arrest

• Chapter V - Section III - Booking

• Chapter V - Section IV - Miranda Rights

• Chapter V - Section IV - Sub-section I - Waiver

• Chapter V - Section V - Classifications of Crimes

• Chapter V - Section VI - Criminal Charges (coming soon)

Chapter VI - Becoming a trooper

• Chapter VI - Section I - Application and its requirments

Chapter I - Section I - Use and meaning of necessary commands

Definitions

• "yourname" refers to your In-game name, pretty self-explanatory.
  • "PID" refers to player ID (Can be checked via Players list "X" Button).
  • "ID" refers to either player ID or special ID (911 call ID, bolo ID or Simply Player ID).
  • "Booking" refers to processing of arrested persons.
  • "Supervisor" refers to an employee who is officially assigned to supervise other employees.
  • "MDT" refers to Mobile data terminal.
  • "SASP" refers to San Andreas State Police.
  • "SAST" refers to San Andreas State Trooper.
  • "Suspect" refers to a person who is suspected, especially one suspected of a crime,offense, or the like.
  • "Person" refers to any human being regarded as an individual.
  • "Civilian" refers to a person who is not on active duty with a military, naval, police, or fire fighting organization.
  • "Law Enforcer" refers to a body of government employees trained in methods of law enforcement, crime prevention and detection and authorized to maintain the peace, safety, and order of the community.
  • "Operative" refers to a body of government employees trained in methods of law enforcement, crime prevention and detection and authorized to maintain the peace, safety, and order of the community.
  • "Peace Officer" refers to a body of government employees trained in methods of law enforcement, crime prevention and detection and authorized to maintain the peace, safety, and order of the community.
  • "Firearm" refers to a small arms weapon, as a rifle or pistol, from which a projectile is fired by gunpowder.
  • "Weapon" refers to a thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage (Such as knife,club or gun).
  • "Emergency Response Mode" - refers to driving while using emergency warning devices, such as lights or sirens.
  • "High Speeds" - refers to speeds of 21 or more MPH over the statutory limit.
  • "Marked Cars" - refers to any marked police cars which are typically equipped with roof-mounted light mechanisms to include red and blue flashing or strobe lighting, as well as auxiliary lights (such as alley/takedown lights); spotlights controlled from within.
  • "Unmarked Cars" - refers to any vehicle with no exterior markings, but equipped with a siren and strobes or flashing interior-mounted lights for emergency responses and traffic stops.

General

/job police (UnitID) 

• Description : Joins police duty as specific UID
  • Instance : /job police P-36
  • Result : (INFO) yourname on duty (law enforcement) with UID: 'P-36'.

/badge 

• Description : Displays your badge.
  • Instance : /badge
  • Result : yourname shows badge (law enforcement).

/unitid (ID) 

• Description : Assigns you with new specific UID
  • Instance : /unitid P-36
  • Result : (INFO) yourname / P-36, assigned new UID: 'P-36'.

/tlist 

• Description : Displays current active Police personnel
  • Instance : /tlist
  • Result : Will display active Police personnel above minimap (Usually left bottom)

/fdlist 

• Description : Displays current active EMS/FIRE personnel.
  • Instance : /elist
  • Result : Will display active EMS/FIRE personnel above minimap (Usually left bottom)

/r (message) 

• Description : Displays your message in police radio.
  • Instance : /r Dispatch be advised, There is currently bank robbery in progress.
  • Result : (R1-CH.04) [PID] P-36: Dispatch be advised, There is currently bank robbery in progress.

/rx (message) 

• Description : Displays your message to EMS/FIRE, Will be visible for police officers as well.
  • Instance : /rx Immediate EMS assistance required on street...
  • Result : (R2-CH.02) [PID] P-36: Immediate EMS assistance required on street...

/311 (message) 

• Description : Used to place a call to a public works to tow vehicle(s) away.
  • Instance : /311 Tow truck requested... Abandoned Black 4 door vehicle is blocking the traffic lane.

/911 (PID) (message)

• Description : Replies to 911 caller with specific message
  • Instance : /911 50 Your call has been recieved, Units are now en-route to your location.
  • Result : (911) Outbound to # [PID] from P-36: Your call has been recieved, Units are now en-route to your location.

/offduty

• Description : Removes you from active duty.
  • Instance : /offduty
  • Result : (INFO) yourname is now off duty.

DETAILED

/mdt

• Description : Displays all available Mobile Data Terminal commands in a popup box (Right bottom)
  • Instance : /mdt (Only works in police vehicle or police station terminal)
  • Result : Will display available commands for Mobile Data Terminal on screen (Right bottom)

/d (text) 

• Description : Updates your disposition
  • Instance : /d Traffic stop - Black Granger - Plate...
  • Result : (INFO) Dispo update for P-36: Traffic stop - Black Granger - Plate... (Automatically generated location)

/m (text)

• Description : Displays specific message via megaphone.
  • Instance : /m Black Granger clear the traffic lane
  • Result : (MEGAPHONE) yourname: Black Granger clear the traffic lane

/po

• Description : Displays "Pull over" message
  • Instance : /po
  • Result : (MEGAPHONE) yourname: Pull over!

/cuff (PID)

• Description : Cuffs specific person
  • Instance : /cuff 50
  • Will display text message in game chat that the person has been cuffed (visible to nearby people)

/uncuff (PID)

• Description : Uncuffs specific person
  • Instance : /uncuff 50
  • Will display text message in game chat that the person has been uncuffed (visible to nearby people)

/seat (PID) (Seat)

• Description : Seats person in your vehicle
  • Instance : /seat 50 2
  • Will display text message in game chat that the person was seated in the vehicle (visible to nearby people)

/unseat (PID) 

• Description : Unseats specific person from your vehicle
  • Instance : /unseat 50
  • Will display text message in game chat that the person was unseated from the vehicle (visible to nearby people)

/charge (PID) (offense)

• Description : Charges specific person with specific given offense (Jailing use only)
  • Instance : /charge 50 Assault, Battery

/jail (PID) (time in minutes)

• Description : Jails specific person for given amount (Must be at special jailing location)
  • Instance : /jail 50 5 (5 Being the time in minutes)
  • Will display text message in game chat that the person has been jailed (visible only to you)

/mticket(lo/hi) (PID) (REASON) 

• Description : Gives ticket to player for given reason (Only for traffic violations)
  • Instance : /mticketlo 50 Running a stop sign
  • Result : Will display text message in game chat that the ticket has been written (visible to nearby people)
  • Extra : lo - 1 Point on driver's license and $150 fine | hi - 3 Points on driver's license and $200 fine

/pticket (Plate) 

• Description : Writes a parking ticket for given vehicle plate (Owner of the vehicle must be online otherwise you will get an error message)
  • Instance : /pticket 1029004 Parking on sidewalk
  • Result : Will display text message in game chat that the ticket has been written (visible to nearby people)

/cite(lo/hi) (PID) (REASON) 

• Description : Writes a citation to specific player for given reason (Non-traffic violation)
  • Instance : /citelo 50 Drinking in public
  • Result : Will display text message in game chat that the citation has been written (visible to nearby people)

/bolo (description)

• Description : Puts out BOLO (Be on the lookout) for specific description of person/vehicle given by you.
  • Instance : /bolo Black Granger, White male with blue shirt and blue jeans, no hair
  • Result : Will display APB Alert with description for every active personnel above minimap (Usually left bottom)

/bk(1,2,3) 

• Description : Sends an automated message in police radio and sets every other officer's waypoint to your current location.
  • Instance : /bk1
  • Result : (R1-CH.04) [PID] P-36: *** Request backup, code 1 (automatically generated location). ***

/frisk (PID)

• Description : Frisks specific person
  • Instance : /frisk 50
  • Result : Will display a text message that you are conducting frisk on suspect and a popup window with details of search. 

/confiscate (ItemID) 

• Description : Confiscates item(s) from specific person's inventory
  • Instance : /confiscate ItemID
  • Will display text message in game chat that the items have been confiscated (visible to nearby people)

/batest (PID) 

• Description : Performs breathalyzer test on a specific person.
  • Instance : /batest 50
  • Result : Will display information based on test (Will be in written in chat)

/drugtest (PID) 

• Description : Performs breathalyzer test on a specific person.
  • Instance : /batest 50
  • Result : Will display information in game chat based on test (visible to nearby people)

/resp (ID) 

• Description : Assigns you with a specific 911 call.
  • Instance : /resp 21
  • Result : Will display message in police radio that you took the call (Will also give notification to caller that a unit has been dispatched to their location)

/revive (PID) 

• Description : Heals the person from critical injury.
  • Instance : /revive 50
  • Result : Will display notification in game chat that you healed person (visible to nearby people)
  • Extra : You will still have to roleplay the treatment to a possible extents (Command can only be used while there is no active EMS personnel)

MDT ( MOBILE DATA TERMINAL)

/mdt dispo 

• Description : Displays dispositions of other on-duty personnel
  • Instance : /mdt dispo (Must be executed from special vehicle or station terminal)
  • Result : Will display dispositions for every on-duty officer via popup window (Right bottom)

/mdt calls

• Description : Displays history of last 8 income 911 calls
  • Instance : /mdt calls (Must be executed from special vehicle or station terminal)
  • Result : Will display 911 calls history via popup window (Right bottom)

/mdt delcall (ID)/all 

• Description : Removes specific/all 911 calls from history
  • Instance : /mdt delcall 24 (Must be executed from special vehicle or station terminal)
  • Result : (INFO) Police call recordc [24] deleted.

/mdt platec (plate) 

• Description : Checks vehicle plate
  • Instance : /mdt platec 1029004 (Must be executed from special vehicle or station terminal)
  • Result : Will display Vehicle registration check on screen via popup window (Right bottom)
  • Extra : Popup window will display vehicle's general info such as Vehicle model/color, registration,ticket amounts. Will also display flags, such as impounded/stolen/inspection required

/mdt vstolen (plate)

• Description : Marks specific plate as stolen
  • Instance : /mdt vstolen 1029004 (Must be executed from special vehicle or station terminal)
  • Result : Will display notification that vehicle has been marked as stolen via small popup window above minimap (Usually left bottom)
  • Extra : Vehicle flags can be checked via command /mdt platec (plate) (Will be displayed as Stolen : True )

/mdt reqinsp (plate) 

• Description : Marks specific plate for inspection
  • Instance : /mdt reqinsp 1029004 (Must be executed from special vehicle or station terminal)
  • Result : Will display notification that vehicle has been marked for inspection via small popup window above minimap (Usually left bottom)
  • Extra : Vehicle flags can be checked via command /mdt platec (plate) (Will be displayed as Requires Inspection : True )

/mdt impound (plate) 

• Description : Marks specific plate for impound
  • Instance : /mdt impound 1029004 (Must be executed from special vehicle or station terminal)
  • Result : Will display notification that vehicle has been marked for impound via small popup window above minimap (Usually left bottom)
  • Extra : Vehicle flags can be checked via command /mdt platec (plate) (Will be displayed as Impounded : True )

/mdt drecordc (PID) 

• Description : Checks specific person's driver's license
  • Instance : /mdt drecordc 50 (Must be executed from special vehicle or station terminal)
  • Result : Will display Player's license information on screen via popup window (Right bottom)
  • Extra : Popup window will display player's name, License state (Valid/Suspended), Current points on license (0/15) and history of last 15 Traffic violation tickets 

/mdt warri (PID) (reason)

• Description : Puts out a warrant on specific person for specific reason
  • Instance : /mdt warri 50 Manslaughter (Must be executed from special vehicle or station terminal)
  • Result : Will display notification that the warrant has been put for the given person via small popup window above minimap (Usually left bottom)

/mdt warrc (PID) 

• Description : Checks person for any active warrants
  • Instance : /mdt warrc 50 (Must be executed from special vehicle or station terminal)
  • Result : Option 1 - Warrant exists - Will display window popup with warrant information (right bottom) | Option 2 - Warrants don't exist - Will display notification above minimap that there are no records for given person.

/mdt warrclear (PID) 

• Description : Removes active warrants from specific person
  • Instance : /mdt warrclear 50 (Must be executed from special vehicle or station terminal)
  • Result : Will display notification that the warrant(s) have been cleared from person via popup window above minimap (usually left bottom)

/mdt priorsc (PID) 

• Description : Checks player's Criminal History record
  • Instance : /mdt priorsc 50 (Must be executed from special vehicle or station terminal)
  • Result : Option 1 - priors exists - Will display window popup with priors information (right bottom) | Option 2 - Priors don't exist - Will display notification above minimap that there are no records for given person.

/mdt priorsclear (PID) 

• Description : Clears player's Criminal History recordc
  • Instance : /mdt priorsclear 50 (Must be executed from special vehicle or station terminal)
  • Result : (INFO) All priorsc cleared for [ Playername ]. (Displayed in main chat, Only visible to you)

/mdt bolos 

• Description : Displays history of last 8 Bolos
  • Instance : /mdt bolos (Must be executed from special vehicle or station terminal)
  • Result : Will display history of BOLO's via popup window (Right bottom)

/mdt delbolo (ID)/all 

• Description : Removes specific/all BOLO(s) from history.
  • Instance : /mdt delbolo 24 (Must be executed from special vehicle or station terminal)
  • Result : (INFO) Police call record [24] deleted.

Chapter I - Section II - Use of Duty Issued equipment

Equipment on utility belt

Flashlight 

Intensify your fear of the dark with this short range, battery-powered light source. The flashlight can be said to be more of a piece of equipment rather than a weapon.

Tool usage situations

• Checking vehicle plate numbers at the night-time.
  • Checking inside the vehicle at the night-time.
  • More

Nightstick (Baton)

Police baton is a melee weapon. It offers a responsive attack. Though not intended for combat, it is able to knock down suspect.

• Effective range - Very short

Justified use of baton

• Offensive resistance ( Subject is now actively assaulting officers by punching, kicking, attempting take downs,etc. )
  • Should be used if no other option is available and urgent action is required.
  • Lethal Resistance  (  Subject is offering resistance that constitutes a direct threat to the officer's life or the lives of others. This obviously includes the exhibition of a serious threat, but goes much further than that. )

Weapon usage situations

• Foot pursuit ( Person is carrying a melee weapon and Operative doesn't have any other option available (Taser/Pistol ) )
  • Breaching a window for entry or tool deployment.
  • Public order duty.

Stun gun

The Taser is used to temporarily paralyze people. The Taser launches a small wire which attaches to the target and sends a continuous electric charge into them.

• Rate of fire - 21 Rounds per minute
  • Time between shots - 2.8 seconds
  • Effective range - Very short

Justified use of Stun-gun.

• Offensive resistance ( Subject is now actively assaulting officers by punching, kicking, attempting take downs,etc. ) 
  • Lethal Resistance  (  Subject is offering resistance that constitutes a direct threat to the officer's life or the lives of others. This obviously includes the exhibition of weapons like guns and melee, but goes much further than that. ) ( Should be used if no other option is available and urgent action is required )

Weapon usage situations

• Foot pursuit ( Person is not listening to any commands and poses threat to other people )
  • Fleeing / Assaultive subject refuses to comply with lawful order and custody is required.
  • More

Pistol

The Pistol is a very common weapon, with well-rounded stats of damage, accuracy, and range. it is a reliable weapon in almost all cases, It should be always used as primary weapon (Unless situation requires different firearm).

• Rate of fire - 162 Rounds per minute
  • Time between shots - 0.36 seconds
  • Effective range - Close to Mid
  • Ammunition capacity - 12 rounds (per clip)

Justified use of pistol

• Offensive resistance ( Subject is now actively assaulting officers by punching, kicking, attempting take downs,etc. ) (If the situation is deemed dangerous)
  • Lethal Resistance  (  Subject is offering resistance that constitutes a direct threat to the officer's life or the lives of others. This obviously includes the exhibition of weapons like guns and melee, but goes much further than that. ) ( The operative is allowed to open fire without any warning )

Weapon usage situations

• Foot pursuit ( Person is armed and deemed dangerous )
  • Felony traffic stop
  • Hostage situations
  • More

Equipment in vehicle

Always remember to roleplay taking (and putting back) those equipment out of the vehicle, This can be done by a simple command. (Example : /me unracks shotgun, /me takes out M4 out of the vehicle, etc)

Carabine Rifle (AR-15)

Carabine rifle is superior to pistol, the performance of the Carbine Rifle is stellar. Accuracy and fire rate are both high, along with damage. It is highly effective in close to mid range.

• Rate of fire - 445 Rounds per minute
  • Time between shots - 0.135 seconds
  • Effective range - Close to mid
  • Ammunition capacity - 30 rounds (per clip)

Justified use of Carabine Rifle

• Lethal Resistance  (  Subject is offering resistance that constitutes a potential threat to the officer's life or the lives of others. This obviously includes the exhibition of high capacity, high power, long-barrel weaponry, but it can go much further than that. ) ( The operative is allowed to open fire without any warning )
  • 3 or more Subjects must be resisting / fleeing / assaulting.
  • 1 or more Suspect / Subject clearly has a long-gun in their posession.
  • Or with weapons release permission given from a supervisor.

Weapon usage situations.

• Multiple shooter scenario.
  • Armed standoff with long-gun bearing subject.
  • Barricaded suspect / confined under threat scenario.
  • Explicit threat of explosive ordnance.
  • Anti-Terrorism.
  • High-risk warrant service.
  • Where the use of ones service pistol is made irrelevant but necessary.  

Pump Shotgun

Standard shotgun ideal for short-range combat. A high-projectile spread makes up for its lower accuracy at long range. it fires several projectiles at once, Which will knock down person on close range hit.

• Rate of fire - 70 Rounds per minute
  • Time between shots - 0.8 seconds
  • Effective range - Short
  • Ammunition capacity - 8 shells 

Justified use of Pump Shotgun

• Lethal Resistance  (  Subject is offering resistance that constitutes a direct threat to the officer's life or the lives of others. This obviously includes the exhibition of weapons like guns and melee, but goes much further than that. ) ( The operative is allowed to open fire without any warning )

Weapon usage situations

• Tire spikes
  • Dispatch animal or critter.
  • Felony traffic stop.
  • Otherwise uses the same guidellines as the Carbine Rifle.

BZ Gas

BZ Gas is essentially a non-lethal version of the Tear Gas. The BZ Gas is a knockout gas developed by the Humane Labs and Research. It can also be lethal if person stands in gas for long enough time. This tool is only deployed by experienced team-members and with full notification it is being done so, without any retorts it is not to be used.

Usage situations

• Barricaded suspect scenario.
  • Should NOT be used for hostage situations without supervisor permission.
  • Against disorderly and aggressive protests for purpose of public order and safety.
  • To render an area inaccessible to an assaultive individual or party.
  • To force an individual or assaultive party from a confined space where the risk of entry is unacceptable.

Flare

Flare is mostly used to mark locations either for Emergency Medical helicopter in hard visible places (Forest). Flares are also universally understood as emergency distress signal alerting oncoming traffic to a life-threatening situation.

Chapter I - Section III - Agency prescribed Uniforms

The responsibility of every police officer is to serve the public and protect life and property. No police operation shall be conducted in order to serve or protect the illegal activity of a particular person, group or criminal syndicate. A police officer shall always wear the agency prescribed uniform which is appropriate for the kind of police operation to be undertaken. 

Los Santos Police Department , Rockford Hills Police Department , Del Perro Police Department:

Dark Blue male/female duty shirt - Ironed and cleaned.
Dark Blue duty male/female trousers - Ironed and cleaned.
Dark blue male/female Peaked cap - cleaned.
Black male/female Kevlar vest - cleaned and ironed.
Black male/female tie - cleaned and polished.
Police issued badge - cleaned and polished.
Officer name plate (optional) - engraved and polished.
Sunglasses (optional) - optional, not duty issued.
Black utility belt - cleaned.
Black laced footwear (boots or shoes) - cleaned and polished.

Male (s_m_y_cop_01) - http://i.imgur.com/TdKGvFX.jpg

Male (With Kevlar vest) - http://i.imgur.com/j3fJfhO.jpg

Female (s_f_y_cop_01) - http://i.imgur.com/KOFUYsJ.jpg

Female (With Kevlar vest) - http://i.imgur.com/5ncp92j.jpg

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department:

Light tan male/female duty shirt - ironed and cleaned.
Dark green duty male/female trousers - ironed and cleaned.
Dark green male/female Campaign hat - cleaned.
Dark green male/female Kevlar vest - cleaned and ironed.
Reflective light green/dark male/female traffic vest - cleaned.

Male (s_m_y_sheriff_01 / s_m_y_sheriff_02) - http://i.imgur.com/Bmhl1II.jpg

Male (With Kevlar vest) -  http://i.imgur.com/UAct63Q.jpg

Male (With traffic vest) - http://i.imgur.com/PXnB8vf.jpg

Female (s_f_y_sheriff_01 / s_f_y_sheriff_02) - http://i.imgur.com/z50LhVT.jpg

Female (With Kevlar vest) - http://i.imgur.com/5mPF1h2.jpg

Blaine County Sheriff's Office:

Dark green male/female duty shirt - ironed and cleaned.

Male (s_m_y_sheriff_02) - http://i.imgur.com/ecPEbGc.jpg

Male (With Kevlar vest) - http://i.imgur.com/LfqzvsD.jpg

Male (With traffic vest) - http://i.imgur.com/WAUeVfB.jpg

Female () - Doesn't exist

Blaine County Sheriff's Office (In Paleto Only): 

Dark green male/female duty shirt - ironed and cleaned.

Male (s_m_y_sheriff_02) - http://i.imgur.com/ecPEbGc.jpg

Male (With Kevlar vest) - http://i.imgur.com/LfqzvsD.jpg

Male (With traffic vest) - http://i.imgur.com/WAUeVfB.jpg

Paleto Bay Police Department: 

Male (s_m_y_cop_01) - http://i.imgur.com/TdKGvFX.jpg

Male (With Kevlar vest) - http://i.imgur.com/j3fJfhO.jpg

Female (s_f_y_cop_01) - http://i.imgur.com/KOFUYsJ.jpg

Female (With Kevlar vest) - http://i.imgur.com/5ncp92j.jpg

Los Santos Port Authority Police: 

Male (s_m_y_portcop_01) - http://i.imgur.com/mOdIQw2.jpg

Male (With Kevlar vest) - http://i.imgur.com/0orDgZe.jpg

Chapter I - Section IV - Agency prescribed Vehicles

Marked vehicles will be equipped including, but not limited to:

• a red/blue emergency light and a siren;
  • a mobile radio transceiver (operative will carry portable radio);
  • Specific emergency equipment (Fire extinguisher, Flares, First aid kit, Traffic cones, Blanket and rubber gloves, Addition ammunition, Long and high capacity weapons)
  • prisoner cage (where operationally feasible).

Los Santos Police Department , Rockford Hills Police Department , Del Perro Police Department:

2011 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Police6) - http://i.imgur.com/dAyXglf.jpg

2014 Dodge Charger Police Interceptor (Police) - http://i.imgur.com/gmATCqD.jpg

2014 Chevrolet Impala Police Interceptor (Police3) - http://i.imgur.com/9RSqkSJ.jpg

Police Fugitive (Requires Supervisory permission) - http://i.imgur.com/nnN5FWm.jpg

Los Santos County Sheriff's Department:

2011 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (CVPILASD1) - http://i.imgur.com/KnqpVrB.jpg

2014 Dodge Charger Police Interceptor (Police) - http://i.imgur.com/IWgfjIB.jpg

2014 Chevrolet Impala Police Interceptor (Police3) - http://i.imgur.com/PfmYvpY.jpg

Police Fugitive (Requires Supervisory permission) (pfugitive) - http://i.imgur.com/j5ihvdj.jpg

Blaine County Sheriff's Office:

2011 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (SHERIFF) - http://i.imgur.com/28qXyhr.jpg

2014 Dodge Charger Police Interceptor (POLICE2) - http://i.imgur.com/28qXyhr.jpg

2014 Chevrolet Impala Police Interceptor (POLICE3) - http://i.imgur.com/fdrLdLl.jpg

Police Bison (Requires Supervisory permission) (PBISON) http://i.imgur.com/R2PHuSA.jpg

Police Fugitive (Requires Supervisory permission) (PFUGITIVE) - http://i.imgur.com/KfCxBhH.jpg

Blaine County Sheriff's Office (In Paleto Only):

2011 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (SHERIFF) - http://i.imgur.com/6Ix72zY.jpg

2014 Dodge Charger Police Interceptor (POLICE2) - http://i.imgur.com/oCgGAcg.jpg

2014 Chevrolet Impala Police Interceptor (POLICE3) - http://i.imgur.com/MOkPc0s.jpg

Police Fugitive (Requires Supervisory permission) (PFUGITIVE) - http://i.imgur.com/qJWYOy5.jpg

Paleto Bay Police Department:

2011 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (CVPI2BLUE) - http://i.imgur.com/1hnd1TW.jpg

2014 Dodge Charger Police Interceptor (POLICE5BLUE) - http://i.imgur.com/DdluSJV.jpg

2014 Chevrolet Impala Police Interceptor (POLICE7) - http://i.imgur.com/oORpXbv.jpg

Los Santos Port Authority Police:

2011 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (SHERIFF) - http://i.imgur.com/E2hl1aW.jpg

2014 Dodge Charger Police Interceptor (POLICE2) - http://i.imgur.com/IYB88xZ.jpg

2014 Chevrolet Impala Police Interceptor (POLICE3) - http://i.imgur.com/PDHvkfP.jpg

Police Bison (Requires Supervisory permission) (PBISON) - http://i.imgur.com/G7Ex44l.jpg

Police Fugitive (Requires Supervisory permission) (PFUGITIVE) - http://i.imgur.com/YpKLtUb.jpg

Chapter I - Section V - Response to calls

Officers using emergency lights and siren shall consider the call an emergency response and proceed immediately. Officers responding using emergency lights and siren shall continuously operate emergency lighting equipment, and shall sound the siren as reasonably necessary. The driver of an authorized emergency vehicle may  

• Proceed past a red or stop signal or stop sign, but only after slowing down as may be required and necessary for safe operation.
  • Exceed the maximum speed limits as long as operative does not endanger life or property.
  • Disregard regulations governing direction of movement or turning in specified directions. (Doesn't apply to all cases)
  • In emergency responses, officers driving at high speeds shall continuously employ both the emergency lights and siren of the police vehicle.
  • When driving in emergency response mode, operative must consider the immediate conditions, including roadway and weather conditions, density/flow of vehicular and pedestrian traffic, time of day, and nature of the location.

Code 1 - The ordinary response to all calls will be “Code 1.” There shall be no use of emergency equipment. (No lights/sirens)

Code 2 - Used for a non life-flueatening call where the timely response of an officer is required. (Only lights)

• Examples of a Code 2 response are vandalism in progress, or a traffic accident with unknown injuries.
  • This response does not relieve the officer from the duty to drive with due regard for the safety.

Code 3 - Used for life-threatening calls or crimes in progress, which require the unit to reach the scene as expeditiously as possible. (lights/sirens)

• Examples of a Code 3 response include a robbery or felony in progress where deadly force has been used or threatened, a police officer in trouble whose safety is threatened, a bombing or major fire, or any other situation where human life is endangered.
  • This emergency response does not relieve the officer from the responsibility to drive with due regard for the safety of all persons.

Chapter I - Section VI - Handcuffing and Restraints

When deciding whether to use any restraint, officers should carefully balance officer safety concerns with factors that include, but are not limited to:

•  The circumstances or crime leading to the arrest.
  • The demeanor and behavior of the arrested person.
  • The age and health of the person.
  • Whether the person has a hearing or speaking disability. In such cases, consideration should be given, safety permitting, to handcuffing to the front in order to allow the person to sign or write notes.
  • Whether the person has any other apparent disability

Situations may arise where it may be reasonable to restrain an individual who may, after brief investigation, be released without arrest. Unless arrested, the use of restraints on detainees should continue only for as long as is reasonably necessary to assure the safety of officers and others. When deciding whether to remove restraints from a detainee, officers should continuously weigh the safety interests at hand against the continuing intrusion upon the detainee.

Chapter I - Section VI - Sub-Section I - Use of spit masks

Spit masks are temporary protective devices designed to prevent the suspect from biting and/or transferring or transmitting fluids to others.

Spit masks may be placed upon suspects in custody when the officer reasonably believes the person will bite or spit. They are generally used during application of a physical restraint, while the person is restrained, or during or after transport. Officers utilizing spit hoods should ensure that the spit hood is fastened properly to allow for adequate ventilation and that the restrained person can breathe normally. Officers should provide assistance during the movement of restrained individuals due to the potential for impaired or distorted vision on the part of the individual.

Chapter I - Section VI - Sub-Section II - Use of leg restraint devices

Leg restraints may be used to restrain the legs of a violent or potentially violent person when it is reasonable to do so during the course of detention, arrest or transportation. Only restraint devices approved by the Department shall be used. Operatives considering use of leg restraint devices shall consider following:

• Whether the officer or others could be exposed to injury due to the assaultive or resistant behavior of a suspect.
  • Whether it is reasonably necessary to protect the suspect from his/her own actions (e.g., hitting his/her head against the interior of the patrol unit, running away from the arresting officer while handcuffed).
  • Whether it is reasonably necessary to avoid damage to property (e.g., kicking at windows of the patrol unit)

Guidelines after applying leg restraint devices:

• Once applied, restraints should remain in place until the officer arrives at the jail or other facility or the person no longer reasonably appears to pose a threat.
  • Once secured, the person should be placed in a seated or upright position, secured with a seat belt, and shall not be placed on his/her stomach for an extended period, as this could reduce the person's ability to breathe.

Chapter I - Section VI - Sub-Section III - Use of auxiliary restraint devices

Auxiliary restraint devices include transport belts, waist or belly chains, transportation chains, leg irons and other similar devices. Auxiliary restraint devices are intended for use during long-term restraint or transportation. They provide additional security and safety without impeding breathing, while permitting adequate movement, comfort and mobility.

Only department-authorized devices may be used. Any person in auxiliary restraints should be monitored as reasonably appears necessary.

Chapter I - Section VII - Use of Taser

The x26 Taser device is intended to control a violent or potentially violent individual, while minimizing the risk of serious injury. The appropriate use of such a device should result in fewer serious injuries to officers and suspects. In deciding whether or not to use a Taser, officers must consider the severity of the crime, if any, whether the subject poses an immediate threat to his or her own safety, the safety of officers or other persons, and whether the subject is actively resisting arrest or attempting to evade arrest by flight.

Chapter I - Section VII - Sub-Section I - Verbal Warnings

A verbal warning of the intended use of the TASER device should precede its application, unless it would otherwise endanger the safety of officers or when it is not practicable due to the circumstances. The purpose of the warning is to:

• Provide the individual with a reasonable opportunity to voluntarily comply.
  • Provide other officers and individuals with a warning that the TASER device may be deployed.

If, after a verbal warning, an individual is unwilling to voluntarily comply with an officer's lawful orders and it appears both reasonable and feasible under the circumstances, the officer may, but is not required to, display the laser in a further attempt to gain compliance prior to the application of the TASER device. The aiming laser should never be intentionally directed into the eyes of another as it may permanently impair his/her vision.

Chapter II - Section I - Regular traffic stop

General Definition and execution

A traffic stop, commonly called being pulled over, is a temporary detention of a driver of a vehicle by police to investigate a possible crime or minor violation of law, Such as driving infraction, driver licensing issues or mechanical defects. Police vehicles traditionally have sirens, loudspeakers, and lightbars that rotate or flash. These apparatus are used by the officer to get the attention of the suspect and to signal that they are expected to move over to the side of the road and stop the vehicle. Failure to comply could result in citation of failure to yield to an emergency vehicle and possibly raise suspicion that the driver is attempting to flee.

Basic traffic stop steps

• Once the driver stops the vehicle, take your time, make sure to update your disposition and check the vehicle's plate. (Example : /d Traffic stop w/ Plate ID)
  • Run the vehicles plate ID (/mdt platec 1ABC234) - IF stolen this becomes a felony stop and your full attention is forward.
  • Run the vehicle owners warrant status (/mdt warrc id) - IF wanted this becomes a felony stop and your full attention is forward.
  • Run the vehicle owners priors record (/mdt priorsc id) - this helps indicate any risks to the officer, and if assist is required.
  • Run the vehicle owners drivers license check (/mdt drecordc id) - this helps identify if invalid, or expiration is imminent.
  • Approach the driver's vehicle and ask them to roll window down (if it's not already down obviously).
  • Introduce yourself by simple phrase (Example : Hello, this is officer yourname with the Blaine county's sheriff's department).
  • Ask the driver if he/she knows why you pulled them over ( Example : Sir/mam do you know why i stopped you today?).
  • If driver doesn't know why you pulled them over or simply answers no, Make sure to explain reason even if answer is yes (Example: I Pulled you over because you ran a stop sign on Paleto Blvd..).
  • Proceed to ask driver for their License, Vehicle registration and Proof of insurance. (Example : Could you please hand me your Driver's license, Vehicle registration and Proof of insurance)
  • If you receive required documents that dont belong to the owner, you may need to go back to vehicle and check the information by using MDT. (For commands check above).
  • When returning to the Driver, you either give them verbal warning (not more than one offense), a written warning, or infraction ticket for the offense. Ticket should be written judging by severity of offense or multiple offense. (high/low).
  • Let them know your decision. (Example : Sir, I am going to write you a citation for running a stop sign. */me takes out ticket book and writes down driver's name, vehicle's plate and offense committed )
  • In case you write a ticket, Make sure to hand the copy of the ticket and make the person sign it (Example : Sir, You will have to leave your signature at the bottom of the ticket  */me hands over copy of the ticket and pen)
  • Make sure to notify driver that signing ticket is not admission of guilt, it's only "promise" that they will appear at traffic court.
  • Return to the driver and Return his/her documents back.
  • After steps above are finished, You can wish good day/night to a driver and tell them to drive safely, after tell them that they are free to leave. 
  • Return to your patrol vehicle and update your disposition (Example : /d Available)

Extras

• Remember you must present your badge number when requested.
  • You are not allowed to search driver's vehicle, unless driver gives consent for it, or you have probable cause to believe that person has a specific illegal article inside of it. This includes alcohol and narcotics during DUI / DWI stops where impairment is sincerely indiciated. A persons criminal record may be taken into account depending on the evidence you have. Ask for a supervisor when in doubt.

Chapter II - Section II - Felony traffic stop

A "felony" or "high-risk" traffic stop occurs when police stop a vehicle which they have strong reason to believe contains a driver or passenger suspected of having committed a serious crime, especially of a nature that would lead the police to believe the suspects may be armed (such as an armed robbery, assault with a weapon, or an outstanding felony warrant for the registered owner). In a high risk stop, officers attempt to provide their own safety by issuing instructions to maintain absolute control over every step of the proceedings.

Basic Felony traffic stop steps

• Call for immediate backup (1-2 Units as primary, should be forming a special pattern to successfully secure the suspects and the vehicle, If other units are present on scene, they should be blocking the traffic flow to ensure safety of citizens)
  • After you call for backup, Instantly step out of the vehicle and aim the weapon towards the suspect's vehicle.
  • Once backup units arrive, Initiating officer can start giving instructions. Those instructions will be listed below
  • Every occupant (One by one, not everyone together) in the vehicle shall be ordered to leave the vehicle with their hands in the air and facing away from the officers, Starting from the driver (Following is not required, but you can still execute it for sake of rp) Order suspect to pull their shirt up and turn around slowly, This is to ensure that there is nothing on suspect's torso. After, they must be ordered to lie and stay on the ground with their legs spread. Once all occupants are secured. A group of several officers should move carefully from the right side of the suspect's vehicle to ensure that there's no one left and the vehicle is safe.
  • Once scene is secured, Initiating officer can proceed with the standard arrest procedure.

Chapter II - Section III - Driving under Influence (DUI)

Driving under the influence (DUI), or driving while intoxicated (DWI), is a crime or offense of driving a motor vehicle while impaired by alcohol or other drugs to a level that renders the driver incapable of operating a motor vehicle safely. it is a charge that is taken very seriously and punished accordingly.

Chapter II - Section III - Sub-Section I - Breathalyzer and Field sobriety testing

A breathalyzer or breathalyser is a device for estimating blood alcohol content (BAC) from a breath sample. Breath analyzers do not directly measure blood alcohol content or concentration, which requires the analysis of a blood sample. Instead, they estimate Blood alcohol content indirectly by measuring the amount of alcohol in one's breath. it is automatically illegal throughout the San Andreas to drive a vehicle with a Breath Alcohol Concentration (BrAC) of 0.08% or higher.

If you, for example, are alerted to driver's watery and bloodshot eyes, odor of alcohol, and mumble speech. It gives you a reasonable suspicion that a crime has been committed which opens the door to further investigation, However it doesn't give you a probable cause to arrest a driver.

Before doing a Breathalyzer test on a person you shall first ask a driver's for permission and then ask them to complete a Field sobriety testing (Listed below). This test involves a set of tasks that would be difficult for a drunk driver to do. The operative may also carry out a chemical test to detect alcohol using a breath-alcohol screening device or a blood screening. These tests have been standardized by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, although breath tests are the most frequently used approach.

Standardized Field Sobriety Tests

Walk and Turn

The purpose of this test, determined to be easily done by most unimpaired people, tests the driver's ability to complete tasks with divided attention. This is administered by requiring the driver to take nine steps, heel-to-toe, along a straight line; turn on one foot; and then return in the same manner in the opposite direction. This test measures the driver's ability to have divided attention and balance.

One-Leg Stand

Driver is asked to stand with one foot about six inches off the ground and count for 30 seconds. Swaying while balancing, using arms to balance, hopping or putting the foot down indicates possible intoxication.

Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus

Prior to administering the horizontal gaze nystagmus test, The operative should look to resting nystagmus, equal pupil size and equal tracking (that is, if both eyes can follow an object together). To administer this test you will have to hold a small object approximately 12-15 inches from driver's nose and slowly move it from one side to the other while driver has to follow the object with his/her eyes while keeping head still.

Chapter II - Section IV - Traffic control and road accidents

Road accidents are to be fully investigated - Assistance must be offered to the injured, the rights of the involved parties must be protected, causes of the accident must be determined, and when a traffic law was violated, necessary evidence must be collected to prosecute the violator. Police Officers must investigate and provide assistance at each accident scene which is brought to their attention. This responsibility applies whether the operative is dispatched to the accident scene or is informed of the accident through a third party. The duties of a Police Officer at the scene of a road accident include, but are not limited to the procedures below:

• Providing aid to injured persons
  • Closing road where the entrance of civilian cars is unnacceptable
  • Gathering information from drivers / witnesses
  • Ensuring safe pass for emergency services (EMS/FIRE)
  • Re-Opening road after scene is safe and cleared

If the vehicle(s) involved in an accident is/are in such a position as to obstruct the road, it is the duty of the Police Officer to ensure that the normal flow of traffic is restored as soon as possible. However, vehicle(s) involved in the accident shall not be moved before the traffic enforcement unit arrives (If one is available). In every case, the Police Officer must record drivers' name(s). Gather Driving License(s) and the identification number(s) of the vehicle(s) involved. The driver(s) should be requested to await the arrival of the taffic enforcement unit (If one is available). 

Under no circumstances a Police Operative will express to a member of the public or to Insurance Company any opinion as to the cause of an accident.

Chapter II - Section V - Pursuits

A vehicle pursuit is an event involving one or more law enforcement officers attempting to apprehend a suspect, who is attempting to avoid arrest while operating a motor vehicle by using high-speed driving or other evasive tactics, such as driving off a highway, turning suddenly, or driving in a legal manner but willfully failing to yield to an officer’s signal to stop. Even though Police chases are required, they create a dangerous situation for everyone involved especially when police go to extreme lengths pursuing suspects for minor violations. Vehicle pursuits expose innocent citizens, law enforcement officers and fleeing violators to the risk of serious injury or death, Thererefore are specific guidelines which need to be followed and these will be listed down below.            

Chapter II - Section V - Sub-Section I - When and how to initiate pursuit

Officers are authorized to initiate a pursuit when it is reasonable to believe that a suspect is attempting to evade arrest or detention by fleeing in a vehicle. Some of the factors will be listed down, following factors individually and collectively shall be considered before deciding whether to initiate a pursuit.

• Seriousness of the known or reasonably suspected crime and its relationship to community safety.
  • The importance of protecting the citizens and public as a while and apparent nature of the fleeing suspects (e.g., whether the suspects represent a serious threat to public safety).
  • The identity of the suspects has been verified and there is comparatively minimal risk in allowing the suspects to be apprehended at a later time (e.g., Issuing warrant on a suspect(s) name(s) and making vehicle plates).
  • Safety of the public in the area of the pursuit, including the type of area, time of day, the amount of vehicular and pedestrian traffic and the speed of the pursuit relative to these factors. (e.g., Extremely high speeds in a crowded spaces in night and a rainy weather, should be taken in account) 
  • Capabilities of law enforcement vehicle(s) compared to the vehicle(s) of suspect.
  • Availability of additional resources. (e.g., helicopter assistance or required units)
  • Other persons in or on pursued vehicle (e.g., passengers, co-offenders, hostages) 

Chapter II - Section V - Sub-Section II - Responsibilities and numbers of units involved

the more law enforcement units actively participating in a pursuit increases the likelihood of a collision. Usually number of acceptable chase units Is around 3 - Such units may include the primary, secondary, supervisor, and/or other agency authorized units. Public safety should be the foremost consideration when determining the number of units permitted. However, the number of units involved will vary with the circumstances. If it appears that the number of officers involved would be insufficient to safely arrest the suspects, an operative or supervisor may request additional units to join a pursuit. Every unit has it's own responsibility in the pursuit, The initial pursuing unit will be designated as the primary pursuit unit and will be responsible for the conduct of the pursuit unless it is unable to remain close enough to the violator’s vehicle.

Primary unit : Should Notify the Communications Center (teamspeak) that a vehicle pursuit has been initiated and as soon as practicable provide information including, but not limited to:

• Reason for the pursuit
  • Location and direction of the pursuit
  • Speed and description of the fleeing vehicle
  • Number of known occupants in the vehicle
  • Information concerning the use of firearms, threat of force, injuries, hostages or other unusual hazards. 

Role of the primary officer(s) and/or supervisor(s) regarding pursuit includes, but is not limited to:

• Initiating a pursuit 
  • Continuing or terminating a pursuit 
  • Changing roles in a pursuit (primary to secondary) 
  • Taking over a pursuit as the primary unit or agency
  • Driving tactics 
  • Communicating with other officer(s), dispatch and/or supervisor(s)
  • Conditions for authorizing additional units 

The second officer in the pursuit is responsible for the following, but is not limited to:

• Taking responsibility for broadcasting the progress of the pursuit unless the situation indicates otherwise.
  • Broadcasting speed, directions, conditions and general information of the pursuit unless the situation indicates otherwise.
  • Maintain a safe distance behind the primary unit, unless directed to assume the role of primary officer, or if the primary unit is unable to continue the pursuit

Chapter II - Section V - Sub-Section III - Driving Tactics And regulations

Blocking or vehicle intercept -  A vehicle interception involves the blocking-in of a suspect vehicle utilizing law enforcement vehicles. The intercept takes place at an intersection, parking lot, driveway or any location where a suspect vehicle is slowing, stopped or beginning to move. The law enforcement vehicles are positioned according to special instructions. Basically, a slow-speed coordinated maneuver where two or more patrol vehicles simultaneously intercept and block the movement of a suspect's vehicle.

Boxing-In -  A tactic designed to stop a suspect’s vehicle by surrounding it with law enforcement vehicles and then slowing/stopping all the law enforcement vehicles to a prevent suspect from driving away.

Pursuit Intervention Technique (PIT) -  A low-speed maneuver performed to cause the suspect's vehicle to spin out and put an end to the pursuit.

Ramming -  The purposeful act of impacting a violator’s vehicle with law enforcement vehicle to functionally damage or in other way force the suspect’s vehicle to come to stop.

Roadblocks -  A tactic designed to stop a suspect’s vehicle by intentionally and willfully placing an emergency vehicle or other immovable object in the direction of the suspect’s vehicle.

• Blocking or vehicle intercept should only be considered in cases involving felony suspects or impaired drivers who pose high threat to public safety.  Because of the potential risks involved, All attempts to setup such vehicle stops shall be first confirmed with Primary Unit/Supervisor and should be called out in Radio several times to avoid potential injuries/deaths of people involved.

Spike strips -  A device designed to extend across the roadway to puncture the tires of the pursued vehicle. (Done via use of shotgun)

• Blocking or vehicle intercept should only be considered in cases involving felony suspects or impaired drivers who pose high threat to public safety.  Because of the potential risks involved, All attempts to setup such vehicle stops shall be first confirmed with Primary Unit/Supervisor and should be called out in Radio several times to avoid potential injuries/deaths of people involved.

Officers should not pursue a vehicle driving left of center (wrong lane) on a road. In the event that the pursued vehicle does so, the following tactics should be considered: 

• Requesting assistance from an air unit. 
  • Maintaining visual contact with the pursued vehicle by paralleling it on the correct side of the roadway.
  • Requesting other units to observe exits available to the suspects. 

Because intersections can present increased risks, the following tactics should be considered: 

• Available units not directly involved in the pursuit may proceed safely to controlled intersections ahead of the pursuit in an effort to warn cross traffic.
  • Pursuing units should exercise due caution when proceeding through controlled intersections.

General tactics that should be considered at all times:

• Notifying the San Andreas State Police (SASP) and/or other jurisdictional agency if it appears that the pursuit may enter their jurisdiction. 
  • Officers involved in a pursuit should not attempt to pass other units unless the situation indicates otherwise or they are requested to do so by the primary unit and/or by supervisor.
  • All authorized units in the pursuit shall operate under emergency conditions with red/blue lights along with use of sirens.

Chapter II - Section V - Sub-Section IV - Radio Communications

While a Priority is declared, non-urgent traffic must cease or use alternative communication methods. Only one situation may be a priority, and this depends on a variety of factors like threat to public safety, and threat to life. Upon initiating pursuit, Primary/Secondary units should keep information updated for different units. Those units shall:

• Update Location and directions of the fleeing vehicle
  • Update speed and description of the fleeing vehicle (e.g., suspect switches vehicle or suspected person's description and characteristics become visible, etc)
  • Update information regarding known occupants in the vehicle
  • Update information regarding concers of firearms, threat of force, etc.
  • Update dangers of the pursuit (e.g., Sudden change of weather, pursuit entrance in areas such of residential and/or restricted zones)
  • Make special warning about known roadblocks

Chapter II - Section IV - common offences and the consequent penalties

One point violations includes, but is not limited to:

• Disobedience to traffic officer
  • Disobedience to fire official
  • Unsafe vehicle load
  • Disregarding funeral escort officer
  • Crossing safety flares/cones
  • Violation of license restrictions
  • Disregarding traffic officer's directions
  • Disobedience to flashing signals
  • Crossing divided highway
  • Improper lane use
  • Driving on sidewalk
  • Load obstructing driver's view
  • Following too closely
  • Driving in fire area
  • Driving in safety zone
  • Unsafe operation of emergency vehicle
  • Unsafe starting/backing of vehicle
  • Exceeding posted/freeway speed limit
  • Driving too slow
  • Transporting person in truck load space
  • Driving on trails and paths
  • Marijuana or open container/driving
  • Unauthorized towing
  • Disobedience to sign/vehicle crossing
  • Unsafe/unlawfully equipped vehicle
  • Failure to dim lights

Two point violations includes, but is not limited to:

• Evading peace officer/reckless driving
  • Driving while suspended/revoked
  • Hit and run/injury/property damage
  • Driving wrong side/divided highway
  • Speed over 100 MPH
  • Reckless driving
  • Reckless driving/causing bodily injury
  • Speed contest /exhibition of speed
  • Minor driving with BAC of 0.05% or more
  • DUI/alcoholic beverage or drugs
  • DUI/causing bodily injury or death
  • Explosives transportation

Chapter III - Section I - Appropriate use of radio

Even though radio use is set to minimum, since every police officer must be on teamspeak, any police personnel can use it for reporting different activities. You can use police radio by simple command /r (message). I will try to bring some examples below so you can use them in future on your patrol duty. 

While a Priority is declared, non-urgent traffic must cease or use alternative communication methods. Only one situation may be a priority, and this depends on a variety of factors like threat to public safety, and threat to life.

• Getting on duty - /r Officer Jake, Reporting for duty, 10-8, Available (This is not necessary at all, but you can use it for sake of roleplay)
  • Traffic stop - /r Traffic stop on Black granger, one occupant, plate number - .... , code 4 no additionals required.
  • En-route - /r En-route to 911 call ID 25, ETA on arrival 3 minutes
  • Responding - /r Responding to the traffic stop backup call, code 1, ETA on arrival 1 minute
  • Responding to a 911 - /Resp # of call
  • Backup - /r Requesting one additional on street, I have a drunk person blocking the traffic flow
  • Out of service - /r Reporting out of service, Unavailable for any further calls
  • More - And again this is not necessary at all, however you can use it on your own will.

Chapter III - Section I - Sub-Section I - Phonetic Alphabet

The Phonetic alphabet is a spelling alphabet, that is used by law enforcement agencies. It is the "over the air" communication used for properly understanding a broadcast of letters in the form of easily understood words. For example, the license plate "8QXG518A" might be read as "eight queen x-ray george five one eight adam.

A - Adam                              N - Nora
B - Boy                               O - Ocean
C - Charles                           P - Paul
D - David                             Q - Queen
E - Edward                            R - Robert
F - Frank                             S - Sam
G - George                            T - Tom
H - Henry                             U - Union
I - Ida                               V - Victor
J - John                              W - William
K - King                              X - X-Ray
L - Lincoln                           Y - Yellow
M - Mary                              Z - Zebra

Chapter III - Section II - Radio codes

This section will include general and most used codes for radio use. It won't include ten,hundred or sub-codes as they are not enforced on server.

• Code 1 - Acknowledge this call (standard driving procedure applies, following all traffic laws, If it's for response)
  • Code 2 - Proceed urgently with lights on (Some traffic laws can be bypassed, such as speed, however it should be to a reasonable extent)
  • Code 3 - Proceed immediately with lights and sirens (Traffic laws can be bypassed, to a reasonable extent)
  • Code 4 - No further assistance is required

Chapter IV - Section I - First Aid kit

All new vehicles are supplied with a vehicle first aid container from the Vehicle Fleet Department. If a replacement vehicle is provided the container must be removed and transferred to the new vehicle. The container should be immediately identifiable, readily accessible and appropriately sited. Contents of standard contents of first aid kit will be listed below. No additional items should be stored within standard first aid containers this includes medication and tablets. In high risk areas additional first aid items appropriate to the risk may be included as per the local first aid risk assessment. No medication or tablets to be stored in the first aid kit.

• Green plastic box or bag w/ first aid markings (Used to store all the equipment listed below)
  • 20 individual sterile adhesive plasters (Used for small cuts and grazes)
  • 4 triangular bandages (Triangular bandages are large triangular shaped pieces of cloth. Can be used as either a bandage or sling, or, if sterile, as a dressing for large wounds and burns)
  • 6 sterile medium sized wound dressings (A sterile wound dressing is a sterile pad attached to a bandage. These are for medium sized wounds to apply pressure to help stop bleeding)
  • 6 sterile large wound dressings (A sterile wound dressing is a sterile pad attached to a bandage. These are for larger sized wounds to apply pressure to help stop bleeding)
  • 2 pairs of disposable hypoallergenic gloves (Used to reduce the risk of infection between you and someone you’re helping.)
  • Face shields or pocket masks (used to prevent infection when you give rescue breaths)
  • 1 pair of dressing scissors (Used to cut sterile pads, bandages or sticky tape to the right length. Also used to cut someone’s clothing, so, for example, you can get to a wound.)
  • 2 disposable foil blankets (This disposable foil blanket provides effective, emergency heat insulation when it is most needed)
  • 1 roll of adhesive tape (mainly used to hold dressings in place or to hold the loose end of bandages)
  • 10 First aid wipes (Mainly used to To clean the skin around the wound)
  • Sodium Chloride 500ml (Mainly used for wound cleaning)
  • Automated External Defibrillator (AED) (The AED is a portable electronic device that is used to assess the casualty’s heart rhythm and determine whether defibrillation is required and if needed delivers an appropriate level of shock)

Chapter IV - Section II - Position of wounded

Chapter V - Section I - Arrest

The criminal justice process typically begins when a police officer places a person under arrest. An "arrest" occurs when a person has been taken into police custody and is no longer free to leave or move about. The use of physical restraint is not necessary. An arrest can be complete when a police officer simply tells a crime suspect that he/she is under arrest and the suspect submits without the officer's use of any physical force.

Chapter V - Section I - Sub-Section I - Arrest with a warrant

An arrest warrant is a warrant issued by a judge or magistrate on behalf of the state, which authorizes the arrest and detention of an individual, or the search and seizure of an individual's property. a peace officer may arrest a person:

• When a police officer has obtained a valid warrant to arrest a person, the arrest is lawful. An arrest warrant is a legal document issued by a judge or magistrate, usually after a police officer has submitted a sworn statement that sets out the basis for the arrest.

Chapter V - Section I - Sub-Section II - Arrest without a warrant

An officer cannot arrest someone just because he/she feels that someone might be a criminal. An Operative is entitled to arrest anyone guilty of an offence or anyone who he reasonably believes to be guilty of an offence. Police officers have to be able to justify their arrest usually by showing some tangible evidence that led them to probable cause. The operative must have reasonable grounds that any of the following reasons make it necessary to arrest the person. a peace officer may, without a warrant, arrest a person:

• When, in his presence, the person to be arrested has committed, is actually committing, or is attempting to commit an offense;
  • When an offense has just been committed and he has probable cause to believe, based on personal knowledge of facts or circumstances, that the person to be arrested has committed it;
  • When the person to be arrested is a prisoner who has escaped from a penal establishment or place where he is serving final judgment or temporarily confined while his case is pending, or has escaped while being transferred from one confinement area to another;

Chapter V - Section II - Procedures following an Arrest (not finished)

• If a operative arrests person, they must perform a full-blown search of person and immediate surroundings to ensure that suspect doesn't have any weapons, stolen items, contraband or evidence of a crime. If the vehicle is taken in "possession" of police, it may be searched as well.
  • Officer should take and secure any personal property (For example: Money,Wallet) that arrested person had on a person during the time of a search. After performing an inventory, The police shall ask arrested person to sign the inventory. (Person may sign it only if he/she agrees with the contents of the inventory)

Chapter V - Section III - Booking (not finished, booking steps will be explained in details)

After an arrest, a criminal suspect is usually taken into police custody by a police operative and is booked. During booking an operative must take suspect's personal information and make a full exploration of the suspect's criminal background and other information. Suspect should also be fully searched and his/her personal items shall be confiscated (e.g. money,wallet), Search process should usually happen before placing suspect in your vehicle. After suspect should be taken and placed in a local police station holding cell or local jail. You can view general and in-depth steps of booking below.

• Item confiscation and sorting
  • Retrieving Personal information
  • Mug Shot (Not required, but can be done if you are having full and serious roleplay)
  • Fingerprinting (Not required, but can be done if you are having full and serious roleplay)

Chapter V - Section IV - Miranda Rights

The Miranda warning, which also can be referred to as the Miranda rights, is a right to silence warning given by police to criminal suspects in police custody (or in a custodial interrogation) before they are interrogated to preserve the admissibility of their statements against them in criminal proceedings. Police also do not have to read Miranda Rights at the time of arrest. While the exact "language" below is not required by Miranda, you as a police officer must advise the suspect that:

• they have the right to remain silent;
  • anything the suspect does say can and may be used against them in a court of law;
  • they have the right to have an attorney present before and during the questioning; and
  • they have the right, if they cannot afford the services of an attorney, to have one appointed, at public expense and without cost to them, to represent them before and during the questioning.

Chapter V - Section IV - Sub-Section I - Waiver

Simply advising the suspect of their rights does not fully comply with the Miranda rule. The suspect must also voluntarily waive their Miranda rights before questioning can proceed. An express waiver is not necessary, However, most law enforcement agencies use written waiver forms. These include questions designed to establish that the suspect expressly waived their rights. Most common waiver questions will be given below, Again exact "language" below is not required, but it should include same meaning as the ones listed below.

• "Do you understand each of these rights?" 
  • "Understanding each of these rights, do you now wish to speak to the police without a lawyer being present?"
  • "Having understood these rights, do you wish to speak to the police without a lawyer being present?"

The waiver must be "knowing and intelligent" and it must be "voluntary".  Essentially this means the prosecution must prove that the suspect had a basic understanding of their rights and an appreciation of the consequences of forgoing those rights. If the suspect was under the influence of alcohol or other drugs, and/or suffered from an emotional or mental condition that substantially impaired their capacity to make rational decisions, the courts may well decide that the suspect's waiver was not "knowing and intelligent". 

Chapter V - Section V - Classifications of Crimes

Infractions

An infraction, sometimes called a petty offense, is the violation of an administrative regulation, an ordinance, a municipal code, and, in some jurisdictions, a state or local traffic rule. In most cases an infraction is not considered a criminal offense and thus not punishable by imprisonment. Typically, the process starts with the issuance of a citation. This may also be referred to as a notice of violation or notice to appear. Common examples of Infractions will be listed below.

• Littering
  • Jaywalking
  • Disturbing the peace
  • Traffic violations (can rise to the level of misdemeanors and felonies depending on the violation)

Misdemeanors

A misdemeanor is a criminal offense that is less serious than a felony and more serious than an infraction. Misdemeanors are generally punishable by a fine and imprisonment in a local county jail, unlike infractions which impose no jail time. Misdemeanors vary by severity of crime commited. Some of examples will be listed below.

Most Severe

• Assault with causing bodily injury
  • Burglary Unlawful
  • possession of a weapon
  • Possession of a controlled substance

Less Severe

Minor

• Criminal trespass
  • Criminal mischief
  • Disorderly conduct
  • Reckless damage or destruction

Felonies

Felony is the classification of the most serious types of crimes. Covering a wide range of criminal acts, felonies often involve crimes involving physical harm, or large scale theft and fraud. Punishment for these types of crimes often includes imprisonment. While some crimes may be either misdemeanors or felonies, depending on the exact circumstances, the ones listed below will mostly result in felony charges regardless. Most common examples will be listed below.

• Murder
  • Kidnapping
  • Arson
  • Sale or manufacturing of drugs
  • Animal cruelty

Chapter VI - Section I - Application and its requirment

In order to get promoted to State trooper you must fill out an application on forums and wait till someone replies to it. After reply you will need to pass through the interview and training to be able to become certified state trooper.

Application form can be found on this link 

You must carefully read throughout the whole thread and make sure to follow every given instruction in the thread. After you read whole thread, You are allowed to copy the form and fill it out in new thread And again Make sure to follow the minimum word restrictions given in form.

If you wish to gain more information regarding State Troopers, Feel free to check thread below.

Edited by Raymond

Fantastic work, Raymond. 

Small correction: the command to check if there's FD/EMS on is /fdlist now.

5 hours ago, Vixen said:

Fantastic work, Raymond. 

Small correction: the command to check if there's FD/EMS on is /fdlist now.

Thanks for your kind words.

Fixed some small issues and added more sections.

Edited by Raymond

On 5/13/2017 at 4:29 PM, Tob said:

Great job Raymond!!

2 hours ago, TheSenDest said:

Amazing job on this, Raymond!

Thanks, appreciate the kind words. Will be adding more to the thread soon. 

I am trying my best to keep this tutorial up-to-date and update it with new contents, however If you believe i am missing some crucial information, feel free to comment here or send me a private message through forums. Some recents updates will be listed below.

• Updated neccessary commands section with some useful commands (/resp, /revive and /311, etc)
  • Updated Table of Contents of what's going to be added to the guide soon. (Marked with Coming soon tags)
Edited by Raymond

This should be a part of training. Excellent work Raymond. This is a great read/guide for any new police, or anyone who just needs a refresher! The amount of time you've dedicated and will continue to dedicate to this is very evident. Keep up the good work bud

I'm glad someone is taking care of this. Keep up the amazing work with this topic @Raymond ! c:
*pats your shoulder* good boy cx

On 6/3/2017 at 1:22 AM, flx said:

Great guide to read if your not certain 

4 hours ago, Nvent said:

This should be a part of training. Excellent work Raymond. This is a great read/guide for any new police, or anyone who just needs a refresher! The amount of time you've dedicated and will continue to dedicate to this is very evident. Keep up the good work bud

1 hour ago, mikichii said:

I'm glad someone is taking care of this. Keep up the amazing work with this topic @Raymond ! c:
*pats your shoulder* good boy cx

I am really glad to hear that you liked the tutorial, I do really hope this tutorial will help out many who are new to the police job or have forgotten specific stuff.

This is an amazing post, any new guys who are unsure of how things work this is a must read!! 

This should really help alot of newer officers learn some of the basics. I Will def. Be showing this to all the new officers i come across strugling. 

1+ fantastic job!!

Trooper Wayne 

1 hour ago, MaxWayne said:

This is an amazing post, any new guys who are unsure of how things work this is a must read!! 

This should really help alot of newer officers learn some of the basics. I Will def. Be showing this to all the new officers i come across strugling. 

1+ fantastic job!!

Trooper Wayne 

Thanks for the kind words, I Appreciate the support from everyone and really do believe it will help out many people.

Updated and added some important information. Added and updated sections will be listed below. Remember all newly added sections might have small issues, I will try to fully fix and finish them as time goes.

Chapter II was renamed from Vehicle stops to Traffic stops,laws and safety and it now includes section and sub-sections listed below

Chapter II - Section III - Driving under influence 
Chapter II - Section III - Sub-Section I - Breathalyzer and Field sobriety testing 

Chapter IV was introduced, which includes information about First aid its sections will be listed below (Thanks to @Jaysassin for help)

Chapter IV - Section I - First aid kit 
Chapter IV - Section II - First aid basics (coming soon)

Chapter V was introduced, Which includes general information about Arrests its sections and sub-sections will be listed below

Chapter V - Section I - Arrest
Chapter V - Section I - Sub-Section I - Arrest with a warrant
Chapter V - Section I - Sub-Section II - Arrest without a warrant
Chapter V - Section II - Procedures following an Arrest
Chapter V - Section III - Booking
Chapter V - Section IV - Miranda Rights
Chapter V - Section IV - Sub-section I - Waiver
Chapter V - Section V - Classifications of Crimes
Chapter V - Section VI - Criminal Charges (coming soon) 

Updated several sections which missed required information. Updated Table of Contents of what's going to be added to the guide soon. (Marked with Coming soon tags). Have any suggestions? Reply to this thread and i will do my best to add them to thread.

Very great police tutorial over the major topics in the /mdt commands, felonies, and more! VERY GREAT STUFF. Recommend everyone to review this before becoming an officer of any kind in the server!

On 7/9/2017 at 1:03 AM, jalenwebb24 said:

Very great police tutorial over the major topics in the /mdt commands, felonies, and more! VERY GREAT STUFF. Recommend everyone to review this before becoming an officer of any kind in the server!

Thanks for your input, Appreciate the feedback. Thread has been updated with the following:

• Chapter I - Section III - Agency prescribed uniforms section is now almost finished, Includes list of items included in Uniform set along with the In-game images
  • Chapter II - Section IV - Traffic control and road accidents section is now fully finished.
  • Chapter II - Section V - Pursuits section is now fully finished.
  • Chapter II - Section V - Sub-Section I - When and how to initiate pursuit sub-section is now fully finished.
  • Chapter II - Section V - Sub-Section II - Responsibilities and numbers of units involved sub-section is now fully finished.
  • Chapter II - Section V - Sub-Section III - Driving Tactics And regulations sub-section is now almost finished.
  • Chapter II - Section V - Sub-Section IV - Radio Communications sub-section is now fully finished.

On 7/12/2017 at 0:23 AM, Oblique said:

Keeps getting better and better man, Kodus to you.

Thanks for kind words, Appreciate it. 

Thread has been updated. 

• Chapter II - Section V Has been fully covered with its sub-sections.
  • Table of contents has been updated of what's going to be added in next update.
  • Fixed some sections and added more information.
Edited by Raymond

Thread has been updated with the following:

• "Definitions" Part has been fully updated.
  • Chapter I - Section III- Agency prescribed uniforms section is now finished, More will be added nonetheless.
  • Chapter I - Section IV - Agency prescribed vehicles section is now finished, More will be added nonetheless.
  • Chapter I - Section V - Response to calls section is now fully finished.
  • Chapter I - Section VI - Sub-Section I - Use of spit masks sub-section is now fully finished.
  • Chapter I - Section VI - Sub-Section II - Use of leg restraint devices sub-section is now fully finished.
  • Chapter I - Section VI - Sub-Section III - Use of auxiliary restraint devices sub-section is now almost finished.
Edited by Raymond

Parts of this thread are outdated, update will be released soon. 

Such an amazing tutorial - was an amazing read.

I'm certain that my LEO knowledge has increased - good job!