Junkozane

Google map style with streets names for GTA 5 main map.

Updated on 11 November 2017: You now have the choice between 2 mods.

Updated on 09 June 2018: Second link updated for people being blocked by permissions.

Hiya!

As a lot of people seems to be interested by this useful modification, i'm posting here how to get it and how to install it. I was searching for a minimap version like GTA IV, unfortunately, it's only for main map.

Cops on the server generally say street name when in chase or traffic stop. I rarely remember GTA streets names, and original map is sometimes weird and inaccurate when you aim on a street to check the name of it.

So here, with this map, you should find most of the streets easier. Some are not written, but main ones are here.

Select the mod that you prefer:

-First mod: the original one that was used for that tutorial. (Showcase picture below)

(You may need to be member to download this one, due to permissions.)

Installation:

Here is a drag and drop file from @Bounty. Just copy/paste or drag/drop the folder citizen folder on your citizen folder in the FiveM folder.

If you can't open it by clicking on it, use right click => open in new tab.

Mod link:

FiveM Drag and Drop.zip

-Second mod: You will have the choice between 4 versions of the map, going from 2D to 3D.

If you want the one that is the closest to the one above, use the Atlas one.

Each of them have street names, but if you want to read them fast and clear, you should use the Atlas one.

Mod link:

https://dielikekane.wordpress.com/gtav-fivem-map-mods/

(If you can't click the link because of permissions, copy and paste this link in your brower, just remove the space between "kane" and ".word" =>  https://dielikekane .wordpress.com/gtav-fivem-map-mods/ )

Showcase picture: (THIS IS AN OLD PICTURE. NOBODY SHOULD HAVE BLIPS ON)

Xj1t7Amh.png

Credits & Original link (Link doesn't work anymore): http://www.mountiesgaming.ca/topic/1600-google-maps-mod-street-names/

/!\ INSTALLATION PATH UPDATED /!\

Remove your common.rpf from your gta 5 mods folder if you don't use it for anything else. It can cause trouble between your game and the server streamed files that can make you crash.

2°) Put "mapzoomdata.meta" in "common.rpf / data / ui"   ( common.rpf is found in main gta directory )

EDIT 2°): put "mapzoomdata.meta" in  "\FiveReborn\citizen\common\data\ui"  (EDITED because if you put in GTA 5 common.rpf, FiveReborn will load all the .RPF)

Edited by Junkozane

There might not be the old big purple blip on the map. But you still have the GPS trajectory. Till this works, there is no problem.

MODS UPDATED, YOU CAN NOW REDO ALL THE INSTALLATION.

NOW WORKING FIVEREBORN SIDE ONLY!

Edited by Junkozane

Do you still modify the default GTAV folder though? I thought you would have issues launching FRB if you modified the game directory.

You just modify the original game while doing the installation, then you put back the backup file you made. So at the end, nope, only FiveReborn is modified.

Updated: only 4 steps now, working 100% with FiveReborn.

Edited by Junkozane

I have followed the install instructions and see the map while fully zoomed out, if i zoom in at all it disappears. Did I miss a step somewhere?

I don't think so, I'm still using it for months and have no problem. Retry step by step, you should only be able to see the map in the pause menu, the minimap will not have any street written on it.

On 4/9/2017 at 2:16 PM, Shreppy said:

I have followed the install instructions and see the map while fully zoomed out, if i zoom in at all it disappears. Did I miss a step somewhere?

20 hours ago, Junkozane said:

I don't think so, I'm still using it for months and have no problem. Retry step by step, you should only be able to see the map in the pause menu, the minimap will not have any street written on it.

I too have followed the instructions, checked, double checked, and then triple checked that I was correctly following the instructions, but I am having the exact same issue. Zoomed out, it looks great. Zoomed in, it's like I have the default GTA:V map. Could I get a copy of the .ytd files you have installed to see if that resolves the issue?

I just downloaded this file today, followed the install instructions and it worked. I figured out my issue before was i didn't have the .meta file in the correct folder. I had accidently put it in the citizen/platform/ui vs the  citizen\common\data\ui If you are still having issues let me know and i will attempt to walk you through it on ts

It does work, however the instructions are wrong. 

On 9/26/2016 at 7:51 PM, Junkozane said:

Installation:

1°)In FiveReborn folder, go in "FiveReborn\citizen\platform\data" and create a folder named "cdimages"

2°) Inside that folder, create an other folder called "scaleform_generic"

3°)Put all "minimap_*_*.ytd" files in "FiveReborn\data\cdimages\scaleform_generic"

Then,

4°): put "mapzoomdata.meta" in  "\FiveReborn\citizen\common\data\ui

To sum up:

\FiveReborn\citizen\common\data\ui  => mapzoomdata.meta
\FiveReborn\citizen\platform\data\cdimages\scaleform_generic   => all ytd files

The correct information is in the "Sum Up" area, and not the previous instructions; they do not work.  I've uploaded a drag-and-drop for inside of the FiveM directory. 

FiveM Drag and Drop.zip

Updated on 18 April 2017: It is now a drag and drop folder made by @Bounty  (Comment above)

Thank you for the update, I haven't checked this one yet.

Negative, this is the old picture, you should never have players blips visible,  this is meta gaming. 

I just want to throw in some custom road maps that I found on the FiveM subreddit not too long ago. There's a collection of 4 different ones made by a user named DieLikeKane, you can use whatever suits your preference.

They are available here: https://dielikekane.wordpress.com/

I personally use the HD Road Map, however the HD Atlas Map closely resembles what Google Maps looks like.